Press & Media interactions
- Interview spaces are often too intimate.
- Interviewers should avoid misgendering that may harm artists.
- Journalists should become aware of GBV.
- Prior to interviews, artists should feel safe and supported.
- Both the artist and the journalist should keep their own pace during the interview, so that all parties involved feel at ease
- Journalists should become aware about the use of gender-neutral language or inclusive writing
- • The rider.e charter of best practice shall be sent to any journalist requesting an interview
- • Ideally, journalists should join the rider.e Initiative.
- • Artists must provide their recommendations and times for interviews
- • A staff member must be present at any time during the interview.
- • Journalists are requested to use gender-neutral writing (or inclusive writing) as much as possible.