Security personnel, gender-awareness and protocols.
Make sure to guarantee audience, staff members and artists integrity.
- Security personnel should avoid misgendering that may be harmful.
- Security personnel should be versed in gender-awareness training and responsive to GBV.
- Attendees and artists should be greeted according to gender-awareness and mutual support should be encouraged.
- A contact person should be present among the security staff.
- It is important to gain consent from anyone who will be searched
- • Security personnel must be responsive to gender awareness.
- • It is important to try to achieve gender equality in all teams, regardless of their area of expertise.
- • The contact person for the security staff is well trained, clearly identified and recognizable.
- • Searching spaces must be gender-neutral whenever possible.
- • Physical contact during search must be prohibited whenever possible, we recommend the use of hand-held metal detectors.
- • Communication between security personnel and the promoter must be encouraged to ensure effective cooperation throughout on-site operations.